Tuesday, February 26, 2008

O Rly Owl Meets O Rly Raptor

A few years ago my brother introduced me to the O Rly Owl. Some may say the elementary humor in it is not funny. It just so happens however that I am supremely childish and love the O Rly Owl. Just the other day my brother and I stumbled across a freeze frame on television that immediately caught my attention. The stature and expression of the creature in the freeze frame was comically similar to the O Rly Owl, yet I dare say, it was better!

Ladies and gentlemen I would like to introduce you to the O Rly Raptor.


Take notice of the serious bling laced around his neck. You may have also noticed the Viking helmet on top of his head.

Here's what I love about this picture. O Rly Raptor could be saying "Flaaavvaaaa Flaaaaaaav!" or "Yeeeaaaaahhhh Booooyyyeeeee!" He could also be confrontational e.g., "Wud chu say bout my mama!?" or "King Kong ain't got $#@! on me!" in the likeness of Denzel Washington in Training Day. The adaptations of this picture are endless and undoubtedly priceless.

I encourage all those that see this picture to (1) realize that this is ground zero of a world-wide movement (2) spread the word about O Rly Raptor and most importantly (3) get out PhotoShop and start creating alternative renditions of this and let the world see it!

All the best!
Andrew Johns
Inventor and Creator, O Rly Raptor

No comments: